TRANSLATION MASTERMIND MEMBER
Irene Preite Translation and Interpreting
My name is Irene Preite, I am an Italian freelance translator, interpreter and proofreader working from English and French to Italian. I have been in the translation industry since 2012, dealing with the translation of websites, books, legal, academic papers and research, medical and marketing texts, while also post editing and proofreading numerous types of material.
Fields of expertise
Medical, pharma, life sciences, energy, technical, manuals, marketing, legal, media, food and drinks, consumers products, fashion, cosmetics, e-commerce.
Other job experiences/volunteer work/publications/credentials
- Volunteer translator for the non profit organization Translators4children;
- Project manager assistant at Global Voices;
- Italian language tutor and subtitler for the University of Essex,
- Lecturer GAS association Amiens, Liceo scientifico G. C. Vanini;
- Published author on the ac. pub. Lingue e Linguaggi (Università del Salento) with an issue about translation and legal EU documents (http://siba-ese.unisalento.it/index.php/linguelinguaggi/article/view/17760);
- Journalist and Editor for Daninseries, PrettyGeneration
Professional Credentials and Activities
- Certified Legal Translator (Traduttore iscritto all’albo CTU – Tribunale di Lecce) n° 188/18
- ProZ.com: Fr – Ita ProZ.com Certified PRO
- Member of AITI (Associazione Italiana Traduttori e Interpreti) (March 2018)
- Translator Registered by the Chamber of Commerce of Lecce n. ***LE-213****
- ProZ.com: Eng – Ita ProZ.com Certified PRO
- SDL Trados Getting Started, Intermediate and Post-Editing
Trados 2015, 2019 and Memo Q 2015, memsource, across (plus online translation Cats, like Wordfast, matecat, smartcat, smartling). Output: about 5k words per day.
Master of Arts in Translation, Interpreting and Subtitling – University of Essex
Laurea specialistica in Traduzione tecnico-scientifica e interpretariato – Università del Salento
Laurea triennale in Lingue, letterature e comunicazione interculturale – Università del Salento