Entrepreneurial Arabic Linguist (LL.B) (B.A.)
Hi, I am Shaimaa, an Entrepreneurial Arabic Linguist! & I’m so happy you are here!
Let’s be honest and cut through all the translation fluff. You’re all about your business and you need to find your unique voice in the Arab world. With around 420 million speakers around the world, Arabic is a great language for helping businesses go global. Do you need an Arabic translator who delivers a translation that works? Want to go after what you want? Bottom line, that’s what I do & you are in the right place.
I’m here to create meaningful and lasting relationships with you as a client. My passion for literature and the luck of having translated some great books since my graduation in 2006, lead me to the conclusion that translation is ‘my thing’.
Your message, vision, and work are ‘at best an echo’ in my translation production with a proven track record of success. So, stop leaving money on the table and let’s venture together into the Arab world with confidence.
As a Learnaholic, I drive right into what you need to do. But don’t just take it from me; here are some testimonials from clients who matter!
Certificates & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Arts, English Department, Ain Shams University – Cairo – Egypt (2006).
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) – Ain Shams University – Cairo – Egypt (2017).
- Proz.com Certified PRO in English to Arabic (2017).
- SmartCAT Senior Translator (2017).
- Accredited Professional Translator Arab Professional Translators Network, No. 30215 – Given at Beirut/ Lebanon (2017).
- Atn-Apts Official Certification Examiner (2017).
- Career Certificate in Legal Translation – American University in Cairo (2010).
- Atn-Apts Online Course: ‘Intergovernmental Organizations’ Terminology” – Center for Arabization & Unification of Terminology (2007).
- Vice-president Knowledgebase | Arab Professional Translators Society (2007).
- Groundwork in Written Translation – American University in Cairo (2007).
VOLUNTEERING CAREER ACTIVITIES
Offering outstanding tactics for Arabic Translators to increase their workload, improve their skills & boost themselves towards a successful freelancing business.
“Make Your Mark” is my Facebook Community. Here we discuss critical questions on our freelance translation business, share marketing tips, and exchange some tricks to finding new clients, etc.
We, also, perform weekly training sessions dedicated to beginners.
I believe that ‘we rise by lifting others’ so I am happy to have these published online Arabic freebies (English version is Loading) which is used by some portals as a Style Guide e.g. TWB & Unbabel: 1) Arabic Language Course for non-natives; 2) Translation Vibes (blog); 3) The Linguistic Law Talk (blog); 4) Googling for Translators (blog); 5) Honored to revise the CVs of some beginners every year within my Facebook community (volunteer work) to banish their blocks & turn on the stars in their translation career. My Personal MANTRA: “Be a learnaholic, & keep your mental gears turning!”
Shaimaa Riad in a nutshell:
- 14+ Years of entrepreneurial translation business.
- 5+ Laptops worn out!
- 1000+ Arabic translation projects that stand out!
- Over 1,000,000 cups of Turkish coffee!
- Listening to 1,000,000+ tracks of classical melodies to increase concentration!
- Enjoying the power of coloring Mandala to laser focus on my goals!
- Practicing yoga & meditation to recalibrate everything!
💥Let Your Ideas Echo in Arabic💥